At TrustCloud, our mission is to make it effortless to earn trust in every business relationship. We also fundamentally believe in operating with complete transparency and openness. In publishing our product roadmap and openly sharing new feature updates, we’re holding ourselves accountable to you and proving that we deliver on our commitments.
New features are developed based on learnings from numerous customer interactions and interviews. Moreover, we vet early versions with design partners before finalizing a release. When we do release a feature to your instance, our objective is to make you feel like we put everything into it — leaving you with the belief that TrustCloud has been “joyfully crafted” for you!
You share your policies with customers to attest to how your compliance program operates. You have contractual obligations to your customers that describe how you keep their data secure. Do you really know if you are being completely truthful, and adhering to the commitments you make to your customers?
How do you keep your knowledge of your business liabilities up to date? What if a customer decided to audit you — would you pass the audit? Would they sue you if you didn’t?
How We Solved Your Challenge
We pride ourselves on effortlessly enabling truthful compliance. We already provide you with automated risk scores for your product and business stack to help you quickly gauge risks. As part of our workflow automation update, we’re taking this one step further! Since tracking risk matters to you… it matters to us!
Next time you log into your TrustOps, you will see an updated program dashboard. TrustOps automatically checks your entire program for systems with failing tests, controls that lack evidence, and policies that aren’t being adhered to. The new program dashboard uses this information to identify areas of your business that are most at risk, and surfaces just what you need to know using alerts and intelligent scoring.
From now on, TrustOps will automatically calculate and highlight the following risk types for you:
- Customer Data Risk: A risk score based on the number of failing controls that govern systems storing or processing customer data. If more than 75% of tests are failing for any system classified as Customer Confidential, then your program is considered at severe risk.
- Policy Risk: A risk score based on the number of failing controls that are associated with policies in your compliance program.
- Company-Wide Risk: Geared towards your management team, this high-level view shows whether groups in your organization adhere to their compliance responsibilities.
The updated dashboard is feature-packed, and we’ll leave you to explore it in full. We will mention one particular area of interest, though: if you’re after a more comprehensive view of your risks as they apply to the systems in your program, the new ‘System Status’ section breaks down your systems by the level of risk they incur, and lets you quickly dive into each one to identify how these risks can be alleviated.
Value to You
By bringing transparency and automation to risk management, TrustOps equips you with the data you need to:
- Bring management-level and company-wide awareness to the risks that exist in your company’s management of customer data, and the policies you are sharing with customers,
- Ensure every member of your organization is doing their part to maintain your compliance obligations, and
- Make the business case for greater investment in security and compliance, to protect you from contractual and compliance liability.
Audit Lens: We’ve been working with our auditor partners to make the audit process easier for them, and help them do their jobs more efficiently, so that they can review and assess your program more quickly. We think that when your auditor is happy, everyone’s happy (and everyone receives their attestation reports sooner), and we’re doing everything we can to make that happen.
TrustCloud is as much your product as it is ours. What else would you like us to work on?
Let us know by sending an email to [email protected]